So the site update seems to have gone off pretty smoothly (minus the ugly broken page at Dreamhost while the DNS transferred). There are a few minor bugs, but nothing earth-shattering. One thing I’ve noticed is the RSS and Atom feeds are still slamming the site (actually it’s the search engines constantly requesting feeds for every possible page that’s slamming the site). For the time being I’ve turned the feeds off until I can get a proper caching solution implemented. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the slowness we’re seeing on the new host right now.
So far I’m exceedingly pleased with the new host, even under heavy load the site isn’t going down. It’s a bit slow in places, but still available which is a good thing. More to come!